Rupesh Shetty’s career has been a whirlwind of success, with two decades of experience managing five star resorts and restaurants. Two years ago he embarked upon a journey to open his own restaurant with the goal of uniting eastern flavors from his native country of India, with contemporary American dishes. Shetty’s dream has become a reality, with Scottsdale’s newest restaurant and lounge, Inde Fusion, now open at 7704 East Doubletree Ranch Road.
Shetty and his team have completely remodeled the space that formerly housed Un Bacio. The floor plan has been opened up and the restaurant incorporates Vastu Shastra, an ancient Hindu system of architecture that creates balance within a space by using elements of earth, water, fire and air.
Inde Fusion is open seven days per week. Lunch is served Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., dinner service begins daily at 5:00 p.m. and runs until 9:00 p.m. on Sunday-Thursday, and until 10:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. Social hour is offered daily from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.and until 9:00 p.m. on Sundays featuring discounted appetizer and drink pricing, including specialty cocktails.
Inde Fusion’s menu combines the rich flavors, sauces and spices of the east like garam masala, cumin, cucumber yogurt sauce, tamarind, mint, cilantro and marries them with American favorites like tacos, shrimp and grits, baby back ribs and more.
Menu highlights include:
· Kofta Wontons with minced chicken, masala spice, mango salsa ($9)
· Shishito Peppers, roasted and tossed with Indonesian glaze ($8)
· Sweet and Sour Calamari, flash fried and tossed in a sweet and sour chili sauce ($10)
· Combo Dip Platter, includes guacamole, hummus, spinach and cheese dip with naan bread and South Indian appalams ($18)
· Tandoori flatbread, with salsa, chicken or shrimp, paneer cheese and yogurt dressing ($7/8)
· Tacos made with tandoor marinated chicken or shrimp, Thai steak ($11-$13)
· Inde Salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, potatoes and mint cilantro chutney, ($8)
· Tikkas including lemon and cilantro chicken, tandoori chicken, shrimp or steak ($10-$13)
· Thai sautéed rice noodles with vegetables, egg, tamarind sriracha and masala spice ($10)
· Cioppino, a fish and seafood stew with fresh basil, masala spice, toasted cumin and grilled bread ($25)
· Shrimp and Grits, green chile cheddar grits, Cajun lobster sauce, masala rubbed shrimp ($23)
· Pumpkin and cashew nut ravioli served with a creamy tomato butter sauce, ($15)
“Our menu is rich with the many flavors of my childhood in Mumbai, but also balanced and approachable for any diner’s taste buds,” said Shetty.
Shetty has tapped Monte Healy as Executive Chef. Healy brings over 20 years of restaurant experience and is armed with culinary talents and management skill. Healy was formerly Executive Chef at Del Frisco’s Grill and other valley eateries.
“Inde Fusion offers a warm and inviting dining experience and our menu truly has options for everyone,” added Shetty.
About Inde Fusion: Inde Fusion is now open at 7704 East Doubletree Ranch Road in Scottsdale. Featuring a unique menu that marries spices, sauces and flavors of the east with traditional western fare, Inde Fusion is open daily for dinner, and Monday-Friday for lunch. For more information visit indefusion.com or call 480-203-2235.