Great weather, divine food and endless drinks – AZ Wine & Dine was top notch. We got to Scottsdale Quarter right at 5 when the event began and headed through the gates into a crowd of mingling and eating people. We were handed our plate and cup and fast walked over to the first booth. I have been to food festivals before and I have found that I like to get there early before the lines form. You know what I found out from this festival, even though they sold over 800 tickets, I never did see any horrendous lines form and it never felt too crowded.
We hit every booth and by the end of it I was feeling pretty sickly from how full I was but how can you not try every single thing. We ran into friends and got to chat them up and listen to some great music while we made the rounds. A few the items that we enjoyed the most:
- Arizona Grand’s – Achiote rubbed ahi tuna, cucumber mint tabouleh, jalapeno chimichurri aioli, mirco arugula
- Arizona Grand’s Vanilla bean panna cotta
- Top of the Rock at The Buttes – Agave & Chipotle cured lamb belly savory donuts
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton’s – Salted caramel macaroons
- Bourbon Steak’s – Bourbon Bars!
- T. Cook’s – Seared Scallops, cornbread puree, apple celery, maple
- District Kitchen – push up pop with orange and basil ice cream (not listed on menu but fantastic)
With such a good line up, it really is hard to pick only a few as our favorites because nothing was a disappointment. Thank you so much AZ Wine & Dine for giving us a night out to remember. I love festivals that have quality food, short lines and leave me feeling full and happy.