Eatable Dinner Featuring Chef Greg Wiener from Top of the Rock AZ and dessert by Chef Audrey J. Enriquez from Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa will be happening on May 21st from 4:30 to 7:30pm. Chef will be preparing his favorite foods.
Gregory Wiener is the Executive Chef & Director of Restaurants at The Phoenix Marriott Tempe at the Buttes. Chef Wiener joined the Buttes from The Boulders Resort & Golden Door Spa in Carefree, AZ where he held the title of Executive Sous Chef. Prior to the Boulders, Chef Greg was at the JW Marriott Desert Springs-Palm Springs, California. Earlier, Chef Greg was Chef de Partie for Aquavit, a restaurant in Minneapolis Minnesota and New York which has garnered much national acclaim.
Wiener’s culinary skills have garnered him many awards including first place winner of the 2006 National Date Competition in Palm Desert, California. He also took first place at the More Please, National Macaroni & Cheese Competition, in Concord, California and took home the grand prize in the Lamb Weston Chef Challenge. In 2004, Wiener took second place in the Redwood Creek Recipe contest in Westbury, NY nad most recently Chef won 1st place at the World Food Championships in the Scottsdale Super Regional.
What to expect at one of our Eatable Events?
- Three courses and passed apps when you arrive, with plenty to drink for $65.
- It’s a private dinner for 20 at an undisclosed location.
- Anybody can purchase tickets to these events and you’ll receive the location 24 hours before the event.
- Chef prepared meal that you won’t find in the restaurant.
- A demo prior to the meal, teaching you how to cook like the Chef.
- Some of the Chefs we have had or that are participating soon are Chef Aaron Chamberlain, Chef Stephen Jones, Chef Gio Osso, Chef Mel Mecinas, Chef Cory Oppold and Chef Juan Zamora, Jacob Cutino from Homeboy’s Hot Sauces, Chef Greg Wiener, Chef Doug Robson and more!
- These meals give the Chef the ability to be creative and serve something they might not within the restaurant. It’s also the perfect opportunity for guests to get to know the Chefs on a more personal level.
- One of my favorite things about these meals is watching as everyone sits down at the table together and shares some of the most spectacular meals I’ve seen. I haven’t experienced anything like it and I love all the laughter and watching as people that might not have even known each other before the event, bond over a shared passion for food.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Food to be served after class will be prepared in a kitchen that is not regulated or inspected by the Arizona Department of Health Services or by the Maricopa County Environmental Services Department. Because of the nature of the event, we cannot accommodate allergies or other dietary restrictions, sorry!
Menu subject to change but here’s a taste of what’s in store:
Passed Cocktail: Bubbles | Yuzu & Basil Raft
Cured Hamachi | Wasabi Foam | Ponzu Caviar | Candied Fresnos
Green Chile Huarache | Masa Harina | Salmon Roe
Corn Explosion | Mexican Coke Carnitas | Pico de Gallo | Avocado Mash |
1st Course – Bubble with Basil Raft
Mushroom Tea Shooter
2nd Course – Sangria
Compressed Fruit | Baja Oyster | Crispy Avocado | Sriracha Gel | Lotus Root
3rd Course – Lambrusco
Crispy Spanish Fried Rice | Kimchi | Shrimp | Stuffed Quail | Lemon Air
4th Course – (Chef Audrey Enriquez) – Rose Champagne
Sesame Praline Micro Sponge Cake | Dark Chocolate Mole Cremeaux | Toasted Coconut & White Sesame
After Dinner Treat –
T.O.R Cookies and Bonbons
Here are some pics from one of our pop-up demos: http://www.azfoodieblog.com/arizona-foodie-pop-up-demo-recap/
Purchase Tickets: http://eatableevents.eventbrite.com
Saturday, May 21, 2016 from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM (MST) – Add to Calendar
Central Phoenix – Revealed a few weeks before event – To those that purchased tickets.