Back by popular demand, celebrity chef Jose Garces’ upscale lounge inside The Saguaro hotel, Old Town Whiskey, will reopen for a limited run; beginning Saturday, March 7, then Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, from 5:00 – 10:00 p.m., through Saturday, May 30. Guitarist Randy Ranes will perform his engaging style of contemporary Spanish guitar nightly, which is a fusion of European, Latin and jazz music.
Having joined the Saguaro hotel as Director of Food and Beverage of the Garces Group just 90 days ago, Ken Arneson has been besieged with questions regarding the status of the once-popular speakeasy, noted for its cozy wood-covered interior with caramel-colored couches and glass jar lights. Trading on the pop-up venue concept, Arneson is thrilled to offer this limited engagement to satisfy the crowd cravings for the original menu, yet the beverage selection will expand substantially beyond whiskey and will offer a carefully curated menu of craft cocktails, local and organic wines and craft beers.
Returning favorites from the tavern fare menu include:
* Deviled eggs, locally sourced
* Duck Fat Fries with San Tan cheese sauce
* Whiskey King Sliders: ground-to-order sustainable Certified Angus Beef with maple bourbon glazed cipollini, Rogue blue cheese, Applewood bacon and foie gras
* S’more Shake with toasted marshmallow ice cream, chocolate sauce, toasted marshmallows and graham crackers
Craft cocktail specialties:
* Old Town Sour: whiskey, gin or vodka, egg white, orange bitters, lime, lemon, simple syrup
* Philadelphia Fish House Punch: rum, brandy, peach brandy, simply syrup, lemon, brewed tea
Old Town Whiskey
4000 North Drinkwater Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251