Beginning November 8th Phoenix’s popular gastropub, Salty Sow, started offering a specialty Sunday brunch buffet featuring breakfast and lunch items from 10:00am-2:00pm. We got to check it out last weekend and I was able to taste everything on the menu from Executive Chef, Brady Cohen. What was he cooking up? Here’s a few of my favorites:
* Rosemary Honey Dipped Fried Chicken & Waffles, the chicken was on point, it was so crisply cooked on the outside and still tender and juicy on the inside. I really enjoyed the sweetness the honey added to the chicken as well.
* Banana Chocolate Chip French Toast Bread Pudding, oh my goodness, talk about indulgence! This was nice and gooey just the way I like it.
* Green Chili Pork topped with poached eggs & warm buttered tortillas.
*Cauliflower Wild Rice Casserole, I know I was a little unsure about this dish when I saw it on the menu but it happens to be one of my favs. You should give it a try and pretend that the creamy goodness is healthy for you because hey, it’s got cauliflower in there 🙂
* Breakfast Sausage Biscuits with molasses cured bacon and pork belly hash, this is a must try too!
They also have all these options for you to try:
* Fresh Berries and Seasonal Fruit served with Greek yogurt, local honey and house made granola.
* Any Style made to order Fresh Farm Eggs and Omlettes
* Cast Iron Skillet Frittata sausage, peppers, onions, and jack cheese.
* Fresh Baked Pastries Danishes, Sticky Buns and Coffee Cake
* Logan Turnpike Cheese Grits……Jumbo Asparagus
* Roast Porchetta carved to order with arugula salad on focaccia and green herb sauce.
* Rotisserie Turkey served with Neck Bone Gravy.
The brunch buffet is $18.95 per person, well worth the money and you can add on their hand crafted cocktails or $4.00 Mimosas, and there $5.00 Bloody Mary Bar was looking amazing too.
A little bit about Salty Sow, it’s an American gastropub that serves contemporary farmhouse fare. Handcrafted cocktails and unique entrees are served fresh daily, mindfully sourced from local farms and purveyors. A neighborhood “gem”, Salty Sow’s chef-driven menu delivers thoughtful farm-to-table eats in a rustic-contemporary setting, making it a trusted and favored neighborhood eatery. Visit the website for more information about the menu and hours at www.saltysow.com or call 602-795-9463.
4801 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032